Learn the definition of social marketing covering field and event and understand its internal and external elements and media necessary for business success.
The Definition of Social Marketing
Social media marketing or SMM for short, is a type of internet marketing that focuses on utilizing social networking sites. This include sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Tagged as a marketing tool. The whole purpose of social marketing is to provide your audience with valuable content that they will share with other people within their network. This will in turn, help you to garner traffic and increase brand awareness. Due to the nature of social networks in general the users inserts a wide variety of information about themselves, such as: sexual orientation, age, race, location, interests, goals and occupation. By implementing a social marketing strategy, you can acquire highly targeted leads.
How To Perform Social Marketing
Similar to search engine optimization, in order for you to utilize social marketing as a part of your marketing strategy, you need to perform social media optimization. This process entails establishing internal and external elements on and off your web site. You must me careful to consider potential social change.
Prime Examples of Internal Elements of Social Marketing
- Establishing a share widget on each page on your website. Such social marketing include a “Share this” widget for Facebook or a “Tweet this” widget for Twitter.
- Establishing various Social media profile or connect icons. Such can include icon that would allow a user to like your Facebook page or follow you on twitter.
Prime Examples of External Elements of Social Morketing
- Utilizing your social media profiles to let your audience know when you have published new content on your website.
- Implementing a 80/20 strategy which essentially means, provide them with 80% valuable content and 20% pitch.
- Interacting with your followers and subscribers, to increase your level of engagement, which raises the chance that if someone shares a link to your page, that it will pop up in their network’s news feed.
The benefits of social marketing aren’t just limited to creating brand awareness, generating sales and increasing website traffic alone, it can prove to be a valuable tool that you can utilize to gain priceless feedback about your business as well.
What is Field Marketing
Learn the meaning of field marketing covering its types including product sampling, leaflet campaigns and merchandising campaign.
Field marketing is a type of marketing whereby trained people are sent to create awareness about a certain brand in the field. This type of social marketing is considered traditional as it has been used from time in memorial in brand promotion through one on one communication. The intended marketing message is passed from the personnel in charge of marketing to the potential customers in various ways.
In recent times field marketing has become more engaging. This is so because marketing personnel go a step further and ask for feedback from the consumers. This increases its effectiveness as producers and business owners get to know what most consumers feel about their products. They see changes that these consumers would like to see in regards to the products being marketed.
Types of field marketing
Field marketing can be categorized in to different types depending on the medium through which the message is passed across to the consumer. Below are the three of the most common types of field marketing.
In product sampling, trained personnel either offer samples to potential consumers especially where small consumer goods are involved or provide demonstrations that are designed to show consumers how a certain products works. Additionally, these show how the product in question can be of use to the consumers. The aim here is to give consumers a feel about a given product without having to buy the it.
In leaflets campaigns, leaflets that contain information about a given product are distributed to the consumers. The strategy here is to literally get the brand information into the hands of consumers.
In merchandising campaigns, trained marketing personnel visit different stores involved in the sale of similar products within a given area. The trained personnel are then responsible for ensuring the brand visibility by employing different tactics for example encouraging buyers to these stores to buy the brand they are marketing and offering helpful information in regards to the said product.
The Event Marketing Meaning
Learn the meaning of event marketing and its potential to popularize products at exhibition and other public launch of events.
Event marketing is one of the fastest growing forms of marketing that is gaining popularity over the day. Today, more and more businesses understand its potential to popularize their products among the general public, especially the prospective buyers.
Event marketing is promoting your products at a public event. It is an activity of organizing a themed party, exhibition or event for people at the launch of a product. In events, the features and benefits of the products are described and prospective customers are convinced into buying them. The products launched at an event have a lasting impression in the minds of people than the ones launched otherwise. Event marketing allows companies to directly deal with their customers. Many businesses hand out samples of their products to people so that they can try them and consider purchasing a larger number or quantity of the products. Public events create a great opportunity for product marketing.
Event Marketing and Social Media
Today is the age of social media. A large number of people are using popular social marketing sites, so it is a good idea to reach out to the targeted customers through social media. It is a great social marketing opportunity. There are more reasons than one why a company should use social networking sites for event marketing:
- Social media is a great platform for the engagement of event organizers and the general public. The event managers can directly get in touch with the audience and discuss about the events with them.
- A company can reach a larger audience through social marketing as opposed to other media of reaching them. So if a business is organizing an event then it can expect better attendance of people interested in buying its products.
- As event marketers get to directly engage with the audience, they get to know the choice and interests of their prospective buyers. So when deciding topics for the event social media is very helpful for event marketing. It also makes for improved event planning.